Outpatient Therapist Position
Leading provider of substance use disorder treatment, with offices in Holland and Grand Haven is seeking applicants for a Full Time (40 hours per week) Outpatient Therapist to work in our Holland office. This position provides treatment within a clinical team for co-occurring disorders, completion of assessments group and individual work, referrals, case coordination and occasional community presentations/marketing. This is an office-based, primarily first shift position. LMSW or LLMSW preferred. Addictions counseling and mental health background desirable. LLMSW and CAADC supervision provided. This is a salaried position with excellent benefits. Resume to OAR, 483 Century Lane, Holland, MI 49423 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Residential Aide Position
Job Title: Residential Aide
Reports to: House Manager
Provide oversight of and support to residential home clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the rules and structure of the Residential Program.
- Is at all times aware of the activities and behaviors of all residents.
- Endeavors to create a harmonious atmosphere and establishes rapport with residents.
- Become more knowledgeable about the disease of alcoholism & drug addiction.
- Report rule infractions and questionable behavior. Document daily.
- Become familiar with and uphold the federal laws of confidentiality concerning substance abuse records and treatment information. Trained in HIPPA standards.
- Answer the telephone. If someone calls regarding resident, give no information. Tell the caller that you can post a message for “anyone who might respond.”
- Monitor residents’ coming and going on passes.
- Be aware of visitation policy and hours. Any visitor under the influence of alcohol/drugs is not welcome.
- Periodically take tour of the facility, observing activities and the behaviors and looking for any rule infractions.
- Collect urine specimens for drug testing and complete breathalyzer test for alcohol as assigned by House Manager, Residential Therapist or Program Director.
- If suspicious of any resident using drugs or alcohol, breathalyzer and complete urine drug screen and/or call House Manager.
- Become familiar with and follow the OAR ethics policy.
- Supervise residents taking their medications and document appropriately in the medication log. Note medication errors, late medication or missed medication accordingly.
- Provide transportation (If there is a house van) to 12 step meetings and emergency medical care if needed.
- In case of any emergency, call House Manager, proper authorities (police, fire, ambulance, etc.) or lead residents in evacuating premises if applicable.
- Conduct fire drills as directed by House Manager.
- Be familiar with all emergency procedures as written.
- All other duties as determined by the Residential Manager, Program Director and/or Administration.
- Lead NA/AA book readings during scheduled times.
- Stay current on all OAR trainings.
- Attend all scheduled RA meetings and staff trainings.
- Will agree to work at least one weekend per month and cover other RA shifts periodically, as needed.
- Will sign up to work a minimum of two Holidays per year.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Strong interest and basic knowledge of recovery issues.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Former OAR clients must wait at least 1 year after his/her file has been closed to be eligible for employment.
- Must be free from violent criminal history and pass a criminal background check.
The duties of this position are primarily based in the residential facility, but may include travel to community locations and the OAR offices.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Reliable transportation for work-related travel.
- Able to bend, reach and lift 25 pounds.
- May be subject to random drug/alcohol testing.
Resume to: email@example.com